Friday, April 26, 2019

2019, April 20 - First North Country Trail Day Hike

North Country Trail Day Hike
8 miles





It was 67 degrees out and one of the first nicer days after our April 11th snowstorm that dumped another foot on top of our already high snow total from the winter. 

I decided to get out there and train for my upcoming 3 day backpacking trip. I started at Highway 64 north of Akeley at 2pm and called Brett for a pick-up around 6:30. 


Pussy willows were just popping out and the first wildlife I saw was a garter snake basking in the sun. Next was a turkey. 


There was quite a bit more snow than I expected. My feet got pretty soaked by the end of the day but it was warm out and it never bothered me. Even with shorts I was quite comfortable and no ticks, mosquitoes and flies is always a plus. I will have to deal with those soon enough!


It was very nice to be back in the woods! Here is to an awesome hiking season 2019!




No comments:

Post a Comment