Saturday, September 26, 2020

2019, September 25-26

 

September 24

I am very excited to drive up to the North Shore alone. I start my trip with a coffee in Walker and lunch in Two Harbors with a new friend.



September 25 

10 miles 

I am excited to wake up to a beautiful sunrise in the cabin.

Met Scott at Beaver River Trailhead and then parked my car at Silver Bay North Penn Blvd. We did the Bean and Bear Loop and then passed by my car again and headed on to Beaver River where I stayed one night. Scott had to work early in the morning and he hiked to his car. 



I had never hiked Bean and Bear Lake. It was beautiful!







Camping at Beaver River, a beautiful campsite and I stayed plenty warm with my new warm sleeping bag. 





September 26  

14 miles

Loved drinking my morning coffee by the waterfall! What a beautiful spot! I texted Brett some info on how to get the kids packed up and join me at the cabin that night. They had decided the weather was nice enough to drive up and we would have some family time at the North Shore as well. 

After breakfast I hiked back toward my car. I drove my car to the Family Grill restaurant in Silver Bay and had a delicious Caprese omlett and french fries and then drove back to the trailhead. I decided since Brett and the kids are coming later this evening I have all day to hike somewhere and get a ride, so I headed north again past Bean and Bear and on over Mt. Trudee and into Tettegouche!! That was a heck of a long day and my phone battery died and it got dark and cold but it was amazing. I waited quite a while for Brett still who came in way after dark and we headed to the cabin and picked up my car the next day.














No comments:

Post a Comment