Wednesday, August 8, 2018

June 14 - Gooseberry Day Hike

Gooseberry State Park Day Hike
8.1 miles

I used the chance to day hike with some elevation changes and a heavy pack when we camped at the North Shore of Lake Superior at Gooseberry Falls State Park. Since my goal is to hike the Superior Hiking Trail in the Fall, I wanted to see how I do with a heavy pack and lots of miles. 


So I hikes 8.1 miles and wow, that was about enough too! I couldn't have done much more. My legs were pretty quivery but I was pretty happy with myself doing that with my pack and quite a bit of up and down. Such beautiful scenery too. Only downside was that I had to hike out and back but it was great training. It took me just under 4 hours to do it with a couple of shorter breaks. 





No comments:

Post a Comment