Wednesday, June 27, 2018

May 23rd, 2018 Cut Foot Sioux Trail

Third Hike in the Woods
6.3 miles


Location:

Cut Foot Sioux Hiking Trail starting in the Deer Lake Campground by Lake Winnibigoshish. The trail was heavily wooded with mature stands of leaf trees.

Weather:
Humid and 68, sunny, when I started out after breakfast. It got hot pretty quickly but I was back by 1pm.

Miles: 6.34 in 3 hours with a longer break at the 3 mile mark and many shorter breaks.

Insects:
Only 3 wood ticks in the first 3 miles. Added several more to total 12 for the whole trip, with one being a deer tick. All of them picked off my cream-colored, light-weight hiking pants that were tucked into my socks. Hardly a mosquito in sight. Many spiderwebs across the trail that ended up in my face.

Wildlife:
Several eagles, a garter snake, 9 trumpeter swans on the wilderness lake I stopped at for snack break.






No comments:

Post a Comment